Sunday, July 27, 2008

Will I keep up?

When I was 10 I received a beautiful blue diary with a heart key that would store all my secrets safe inside it. Here are some excerpts from that diary..."oops, forgot to write in my diary"; "I forgot again, will try & do better."; "Connie taught me, I'm not a fig plucker nor a fig plucker's son, but I'll pick figs til the fig plucker comes."; "Many days have passed & I forgot to write in my diary"; "Jennifer Willet's birthday", " I forgot to write in my diary."....You get the picture~I never remember to write but have good intentions.

I then tried what was referred to as journaling in my early 20's did a couple days of that & that idea fizzled quicker than writing in my diary.
We'll see how well I can keep up to what is now called 'blogging' in my 30's being the full time Mommy of 4..lol!

What happened to the days of keeping our writings secret from all eyes, now we are publishing them on the web for ALL to view!?

BTW, does the word Blogging sound like another slang form of throwing up to anyone else?? Wonder what it will be referred to in my 40's?
Til next time...

3 comments:

Gena said...

LMAO soooo true. I couldn't have said it better if I tried Virgie dear. :) I always "forget". I hope you can keep with it!

A.V.A said...

Virg I hope you continue to blog. I love reading what you have to say.

Shana said...

lmao love the fig plucker thing....tooo funny!